Popular Posts

2010 Google's "Knol Poetry Contest" Winning Poem





Oh Death You're Defeated 

(A Tribute to My Beloved Bro-in-law)

A Tribute. Pic. by PVA
Oh death you come like an angel.
You are like a physical obsession.
You wander through the dark silent night.
To snatch away the better ones.
Oh, I am in deep turmoil, sad and morose.
My heart is wailing for my dear one.
Whom, you took away in that silent night.
Even before his ripe of age, you took him off.
Oh God how sad and morose I am.
I couldn't fully enjoy his love and care.
His concern for others are unfathomable.
He led many to your marvelous light.
Yes, he led an exemplary life to follow.
He was a gem among thousands.
I feel like shouting 'God I hate you',
You've done injustice to us and to many.
When I thought this unwanted thought,
Suddenly my mind recollected your words.
The marvelous ones in the scripture.
Lord, I feel guilty for my unwanted thought.
Lord, you are just and do everything good,
especially to the one who loves you.
Oh Lord I know your love towards us.
It's too unfathomable to my understanding.
Yes Lord You want him to be with You forever.
Yes Lord he fought diligently and finished his race.
He led many to your kingdom through his word and deed.
Yes Lord, he finished his race with a remarkable mark. 

 o0o

Winner of Knol Poetry Contest 2010. Read More here at Spiros Kakos Knol Page 

A poem written in memory of my Bro-in-law who led an exemplary life on this earth. 

Passed away in the year 2008.

Google's Knol Pages Spiros Kakos.


Share


Free Counters

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' Founder and CEO at Philipscom

A freelance writer, editor and a blogger from Kerala. Now based at Secunderabad, Telangana, India. Can reach at: pvariel(@)Gmail [.] Com
Tel: 09700882768

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. प्रिया मित्र,हरीश सिंह

    बहुत धन्यवाद !
    साथी मेरा
    धोडासा आलस्य
    शुभ काम्नाये !

    मेने आपका वेब visit करे !
    बहुत अच्हे लगे !

    फिर मीलेन्गे
    पी वी एरियल

    ReplyDelete

Thank You Very Much For Your Precious Time.PV
താങ്കളുടെ വിലയേറിയ സമയത്തിന് നന്ദി
വീണ്ടും കാണാം പി വി